Nottingham Forest head coach Oliver Glasner is confident the team can cope without Elliot Anderson this season. Anderson joined Manchester City last month in a £116 million deal.
What's the plan?
Glasner is certain other players can step up to the plate following Anderson's departure. Forest have already added Xaver Schlager to their options in the centre of the pitch.
Transfer targets
A striker and a right-back are on the club's shopping list before the September 1 deadline. Glasner said: “It will be one or two, I'm very confident. Not more. We already know the players we want to bring in, and now it's just getting the deals done.”
Current standing
Nottingham Forest are currently 16th in the Premier League table, with 33 points from 32 games, and a recent form of DWDDL. They have scored 32 goals and conceded 44, with a goal difference of -12.
Next fixture
The team's next fixture is against Fulham on February 10, 2027. Glasner is focused on finding solutions and playing a better season. He said: “I think no one at Nottingham - no player, no one in the staff, no one on the board and I think no fan - was really pleased with last year's season, with Elliot Anderson in the team.”
